- • Former Q101 DJ James VanOsdol takes Time Out Chicago behind the scenes at the now-defunct station and we learn how to easy it is to make an enemy out of Eddie Vedder.
- • Jessica Hopper checks in with Polish-born, but Chicago-based, singer Aleks Tomaszewska about her new project Magic Key, which played the Logan Square Monument this past Sunday.
- • Jim DeRogatis takes some time (and heat) off Lollapalooza’s tax dealings with the City of Chicago to review the long-awaited album by Chicago’s The Cool Kids.
- • Good news for indie rockers Portugal. the Man. The group received all of its gear back after it was stolen during its appearance at Lollapalooza earlier this month. And as a thank you, the band gave doughnuts and croissants to the officers who helped recover its musical equipment.
- • Gaper’s Block alerts us all to the sad news that Zaireeka the cat, a Permanent Records store staple, has passed away.